Welcome to Topik!
Topik is a flat file, databaseless blogging system built with PHP. It comes with little-to-no front end so that the focus is on customization and function. I built this with speed and extendability in mind so that it can grow. It's easy to get going with.
Get Set Up
To get started, you just need to download the .zip and extract the files in
the root directory. Then, set up the
config.php file. Set the two
variables to the relevant values, and you're all set. The blogName variable
is just what you want to call your site. The base variable is the URL of your
site, with a trailing slash "/". See the example config file below:
<?php $blogName = "Topik"; $base = "http://localhost:8888/flat_blog/";
- Use this site over SSL/HTTPS
- Add an HTTPS redirect to .htaccess
- Change the markup, at least to remove the documentation links
- Remove the "documentation" page, at least until you get going.
- Remove the default posts.
- Don't hardcode posts if you don't have to.